My 12 month old daughter. Ruby Jane Wasserman.
Where, oh where did this year go?
A year re-cap for Ruby.
On the day you were born Ruby, it felt like the world stopped. At 39 weeks of pregnancy, Daddy and I were shocked, surprised, excited and overwhelmed with you arriving 5 days early.
When the doctor shouted at 3:10pm on Wednesday July 2nd, "IT'S A RUBY!" (was how she told us that we now had a baby girl) we were filled with an incredible amount joy. Our precious Ruby had arrived.
From that moment on, Daddy and I studied every little piece of you...constantly.
Not wanting any moment to pass without knowing every inkling of you.
I'll never forget how the first week home, all I could do was tear up with happiness, and hold you as tight as I could, not wanting the world around us to ruin our moments together. Not wanting to even take a walk in the stroller, because Daddy or I might not be able to stop all the crazy city drivers with our bare hands if they got out of line. We wanted to keep you holed up in our tiny condo forever and ever safe from harm... GASP!
This first year has been a lot of work. THAT is for sure. They say that kids change you, but I never imagined it could be like this. You really are a BABY-Baby for the first year. You depend on us... for everything... from giving basically my entire body and soul to you, to keeping you clean and tidy, and dressed in only the most adorable of adorable clothing at all times. Never once have you had an outfit on that we weren't proud of - thanks to Daddy :)
But yes, it was A LOT of work, worry, and not a lot of sleep.
But we could never imagine our lives without you.
But yes, it was A LOT of work, worry, and not a lot of sleep.
But we could never imagine our lives without you.
If this year went so fast, how will the next 10, or 20 years or more fly by?
I want to relish in your love for pointing at balloons while you eat, for the exuberant laughter you give when you see any dog within miles away, the way you lean over your highchair at a restaurant for me when your sick of sitting there. I love the hiccups you get after Daddy overwhelms you with tickles and kisses or chases you in circles. We adore your beautiful two toothed smile, and your social habits of waving at anyone/anything that moves, and the joy that that gives random people in the street, you can actually see that you, Ruby, have made their entire day. The way you love and snuggle Puppy, is unbeatable.
I want to relish in your love for pointing at balloons while you eat, for the exuberant laughter you give when you see any dog within miles away, the way you lean over your highchair at a restaurant for me when your sick of sitting there. I love the hiccups you get after Daddy overwhelms you with tickles and kisses or chases you in circles. We adore your beautiful two toothed smile, and your social habits of waving at anyone/anything that moves, and the joy that that gives random people in the street, you can actually see that you, Ruby, have made their entire day. The way you love and snuggle Puppy, is unbeatable.
In your first year, we already know how loving, funny, determined, beautiful, sweet, gentle, demanding, creative, smart, incredibly silly and affectionate you are. You must be our kid. And we love you more than anything.
Here's to many many more glorious birthdays to celebrate!
Happy 1st Birthday Ruby!!!
Happy 1st Birthday Ruby!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment